Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Re-Strung Out


So my dolly is finally restrung, despite almost losing the tip of my ring finger in the process... Elastic is violent!  Anyhow, she's now a full person, with eyes and hair, and a dress made from a sock.  She looks a bit... unfinished, but there's not much else to be done until her actual dress is done.  Like I said, I was completely unprepared for this hobby and feel utterly sad about her state of undress.  I'm a bad doll parent.  She doesn't even have shoes!  I found a helpful guide to make a really cute pair of boots, though, so hopefully she'll have footwear soon.  Then I'll only have to worry about the nudity.  Good thing she has body blushing, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel so bad. One of my girls was wearing a bandanna for weeks before I finally finished stuff for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There an underground mall in Chinatown on Elizabeth street, one of the stores in there sell doll shoes and boots, I got a pair there for $10 that fits my Kid Delf perfectly, it should fit Minifees too! Let me know when you're free to come to Chinatown and I'll show you!

    ReplyDelete